AAF dues are less than many professional organizations and are based on a discounted scale to allow multiple employees within an organization to participate. The dues structure is $100 per year for individuals, $300 per year for companies with up to 9 employees, and $600 per year for organizations with 10 or more employees.
AAF-Knoxville is very excited about this year’s programs and events. Attendance at meetings was up dramatically last year, and this year’s schedule is even better. We’re also in the planning stages for new ideas that will help you network, develop professionally, and have fun in 2016.
1. Networking with the best communications minds. AAF-Knoxville members represent the top marketers, agencies, and industry suppliers in East Tennessee. It’s a “Who’s Who” of marketing communications.
2. National organization. When you become a member of AAF-Knoxville, you’re also a member of the national American Advertising Federation, with more than 50,000 other communications professionals. You can get daily updates on marketing issues with AAF Smartbrief, an e-mail newsletter. And you can attend the national convention, the largest gathering of ad professionals in the world, at a 50% discount.
3. Monthly member events. Each month, AAF-Knoxville hosts events including luncheons with guest speakers from local businesses and from around the nation. We also have informal after-hours events that are ideal for making contacts and sharing ideas. Members get luncheon discounts and other perks.
4. Online resources. Can’t make it to a meeting? You can still interact with members online, through our website, Facebook page, blog, and other resources. This is one of the fastest growing areas of activity for our group.
5. Professional education. AAF offers multiple opportunities to further your professional education, through conventions, workshops, networking, and other tools. For instance, members can participate in AAF’s newly launched “From the Source” professional development webinars.
6. ADDY® Awards. AAF-Knoxville hosts the local ADDY® Awards, part of the largest advertising competition in the world. Local winners go on to regional and national ADDY® Awards competitions.
7. Business spotlight. Member organizations will be featured during the year with profile pages on the AAF-Knoxville website. The profile page will include up to three images, a company description, links to your company website, and contact information. It’s a great way to showcase yourself to the top marketers in the area.
8. Job postings. Local advertising and marketing jobs are posted on the AAF-Knoxville website. It’s a great way for businesses to find great people, and for professionals to find openings with great companies.
9. Business discounts. AAF-Knoxville members get discounts with national companies like FedEx, Hertz, and others, plus local business discounts at restaurants, industry suppliers, and other sources.
10. Value. AAF-Knoxville is one of the least expensive professional organizations to join. And membership is structured so that multiple people within your organization can be members for just one fee.